The Easy and Cheap Recipe for Traditional Moussaka.
A good moussaka ...
Do not wait to go to Greece to be able to taste a delicious one.
Here is the traditional moussaka recipe to easily prepare at home to please the whole family.
Inexpensive, moussaka is also an inexpensive and clever original recipe that allows you to cook leftover meat.
My ingredients for 4 people
- 500 g of minced meat (beef)
- 4 eggplants
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt pepper
How to do
1. I peel and mince the onions.
2. I wash and cut the eggplants into slices.
3. I rinse and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
4. In a large frying pan, I heat the olive oil. I brown my eggplants for a few minutes, then place them in a gratin dish.
5. I preheat my oven to 200 °.
6. In the same pan, over high heat at the start, I brown the onions and minced meat. Once everything is seared, I add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. I let cook 10 min.
7. I pour this mixture into the baking dish, over the eggplants, and add 1/2 glass of water.
8. I put everything in the oven for 25 minutes at 180 °.
And now, it's ready ! All you have to do is serve this homemade moussaka :-)
This unique family dish can be served with a salad.
It's a real treat ! With this homemade moussaka, you have an inexpensive meal even for 10 people.
Do not hesitate to make large quantities, because even better reheated.
If you like a creamier moussaka, here is a gourmet variant!
I suggest you add a topping made with 4 eggs, 2 Greek yogurts and a little grated Parmesan. Just add it to the mixture, before placing it in the oven.
Waiter, give us the check please !
- 500 g of minced meat: at 9.54 € per kilo, i.e. 4.82 €
- 2 eggplants: 600 g at € 3 per kilo or € 1.80
- 2 tomatoes: 240 g at € 2.50 per kilo, i.e. € 0.72
- 2 onions: approximately 125 g each at € 1.85 per kilo or € 0.46
Let be an addition for 1 person from € 1.95 or even € 7.80 for 4people.
Did you make this easy homemade moussaka recipe? Tell us in the comments if you liked it. We can't wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ? Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
My Homemade Hachis Parmentier: a Unique Economical Dish!
The Friendly and Affordable Recipe for Lentil Sausages.