The Easy Duck Parmentier Recipe at Less than € 5 per Person.
Are you looking for a family recipe that is easy to make and economical?
Onions, a few sprigs of chives, a little crème fraîche and pulled duck under a bed of tender potatoes… do you like it?
Duck Parmentier is a creamy and nourishing dish that is out of the ordinary.
I tried this easy recipe for you and I have to admit that my whole little family had a blast! Not to mention that it is not expensive.
Come on, I'll share it with you ... Watch:
Ingredients for 4 persons
- 4 duck confit thighs
- 500 g of potatoes
- 40 cl of fresh cream
- 200 g of grated cheese
- 10 g of chives
- 1 onion
- 1 knob of butter
- Salt and pepper
How to do
1. Peel and wash the potatoes.
2. Put them in a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes.
3. During this time, peel the onion, slice it and brown it over low heat in a pan with a little butter to melt it.
4. Remove the skin and bones from the duck legs and crumble the flesh.
5. Brown the meat with the onions.
6. Once the potatoes are cooked, mash them in a bowl with a fork.
7. Add the basil, cream and the rest of the butter.
8. Add salt and pepper.
9. In a gratin dish, spread a layer of puree then a layer of duck. Repeat until there is nothing left.
10. Finish with a last layer of mash.
11. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
12. Let bake in a hot oven (200 °) for 25 min.
And there you go, your duck parmentier is ready to be tasted :-)
I serve my duck parmentier with a lamb's lettuce salad, for example.
In order to get a more browned appearance, I finish my cooking on the grill position for 3 or 4 minutes.
The cost of my dish:
- 4 duck confit thighs: around 860 g at € 17.98 per kilo or € 15.46
- 500 g of potatoes: € 1
- 40 cl of fresh cream: € 1.40
- 200 g of grated cheese: € 1.30
- 10 g of chives: € 0.60
- 1 onion: around 100 g at € 1.85 per kilo or € 0.18
Either a complete dish for 1 person amounting to € 4.94 or even € 19.76 for 4 people.
Have you already tried the duck parmentier recipe? Tell me if you liked it by leaving a comment. We can't wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ? Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
The Easy Recipe of Duck Breast with Honey.
My Homemade Hachis Parmentier: a Unique Economical Dish!