My Rabbit Civet with Bacon and Mushrooms at € 2.99 per Person.
With mustard, prunes or terrine, the tender and delicate flesh of the rabbit is a pure delight for gourmets.
As a stew, simmered with bacon and mushrooms, it is unanimous among my guests.
I don't always think about it, and yet rabbit is a refined meat that I can use in a multitude of recipes.
I particularly like it in a stew where, combined with red wine, it simmers over a low heat and reveals all the power of its aroma.
Ingredients for 6 people:
- 1 cut rabbit of about 1.3 kg
- 200 g of bacon
- 500 g of mushrooms
- ½ bottle of red wine
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 120 g of butter
- 1 onion
- 4 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
How to do
1. Brown the pieces of rabbit in a casserole dish with the butter and onion.
2. Add salt and pepper.
3. Let the pieces brown over medium heat until they brown.
4. Then sprinkle with flour and wet with a glass of red wine.
5. Gradually, pour in the rest of the wine while stirring to bind the sauce well.
6. Add the bacon, sliced mushrooms and bay leaves.
7. Simmer everything over low heat for 1h30.
There you go, your rabbit stew with bacon and mushrooms is now ready :-)
Easy to make and delicious!
It only remains to serve it with sautéed potatoes.
For a sauce that is a little less strong because the taste of the wine will be quite pronounced, I add a glass of water to my preparation to reduce it.
Have you tried this easy rabbit stew recipe? Tell us in the comments if you liked it. We can't wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ? Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
Economical and Tasty: my Provençal Pork Sauté!
Carbonade Flamande: My Economic Beef-Based Recipe.