Easy And Quick: The Delicious Recipe of GYOZAS, the Famous Japanese Dumplings.
I don't know about you, but me I love the gyozas!
Do you know those Japanese dumplings that you find in every Asian restaurant?
They are stuffed with spicy pork and cabbage, and served with a soy sauce dressing.
The gyozas are juicy, perfectly browned and keep a nice shape when cooked. A true delight !
What makes gyozas so delicious is their "crispy-chewy" cooking.
By the way, it's so delicious that I wanted to try the recipe :-)
And you know what ? In fact, I realized that homemade gyozas are super easy to make !
We prepare the stuffing, we put it in the middle of a dough. A few folds to make the ravioli, and hop in the pan!
So, without further ado, here is the easy and inexpensive recipe for gyozas, the delicious Japanese dumplings:
Ingredients for about 25 ravioli
- 25 sheets for gyoza: you can find it inexpensively in the frozen section of Asian grocery stores
- ponzu sauce
- 120 g of ground pork
- 120 g of green cabbage
- 1 sliced new onion
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons of sesame oil
- salt, freshly ground pepper
- 1 large frying pan with lid
How to do
1. Blanch the cabbage leaves for 1 minute in a pot of boiling water.
2. Drain the cabbage leaves, then slice them into very thin slices. Press them firmly into some paper towel.
3. In a large bowl, combine all the stuffing ingredients: ground pork, green cabbage, spring onion, garlic clove, grated fresh ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil.
Your prank should look like this:
4. Place a large teaspoon of stuffing in the middle of each disc of gyoza dough.
5. With your fingers, moisten the edge of the dough all around the filling.
6. Fold the dough in half to wrap the stuffing. Be sure to trap as little air as possible in the liner.
7. Pinch small folds with your fingertips to close the gyoza.
Here's how to do it in video:
8. Now heat a drizzle of sesame oil in a pan.
9. Grill the gyoza on one side for 2-3 min, just enough time to brown.
10. Then, in the pan, pour water halfway up the gyozas.
11. Cover the pan and cook over high heat until all of the water has evaporated.
12. Remove the lid and continue cooking for 1 minute.
And there you have it, your succulent homemade gyozas are already ready to be devoured :-)
Easy, quick and delicious, isn't it?
Place the gyozas on a dish, turning them over, so as to present the golden side.
All you have to do is taste themwith ponzu sauce!
You'll see, homemade gyozas are just too good! Everyone asks for more!
- I advise you to put the stuffing in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 2 hours, because it will be even easier to garnish.
- The little trick is to prepare your gyozas in large quantities. That way you can freeze them and make a quick and delicious meal on weekdays.
- No ponzu sauce? No problem, you can also enjoy your gyoza with a mixture of soy sauce and rice vinegar, in equal parts.
Where can I find the ingredients?
I advise you to take a trip to an Asian grocery store, where you will find the gyoza leaves and the ponzu sauce at unbeatable prices!
In addition, you can also find Asian ingredients in the "foreign products" section of your supermarket.
The bill please !
- 25 gyoza leaves = 0,85 € (€ 1.70 per package of 300 g)
- Ponzu sauce = 0,30 € (€ 4.45 per 360 ml bottle)
- 120 g of ground pork = 2,51 €
- 120 g of green cabbage = 0,45 € (€ 0.99 each)
- 1 new onion = 0,17 € (€ 1.55 per boot)
- 1 clove of garlic = 0,12 €
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) of fresh ginger = 0,09 € (€ 4.25 per kg)
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of soy sauce = 0,35 € (€ 3.90 per 500 ml bottle)
- 3 teaspoons (15 ml) of sesame oil = 0,18 € (€ 2.80 for a 230 ml bottle)
Grand total =5,01 € to do 25 delicious gyozas !
That's only 20 cents a gyoza, a delicious AND economical dish!
Have you tried the easy and inexpensive gyoza recipe? Let us know what you think in the comments. We can't wait to hear from you!
Do you like this trick ? Share it with your friends on Facebook.
Also to discover:
Finally inexpensive Sushi with My Recipe at € 1.52 per Head!
10 Easy and Cheap Recipes!